March 26, 2020
Feeling good with no makeup
Okay, this may completely go against what you’d think a makeup brand should be saying or propagating. But let’s be real, there’s no way makeup will do what you intend for it to do (i.e. make you feel good) unless you’re confident and comfortable enough in your own skin - whatever tone/texture/colour/type it may be.
Here’s your handy dandy list of things we think will get you one step closer to feeling confident enough to walk out the door with absolutely no makeup on.
- Wear perfume that makes you happy.
- Distract from the face by focusing on other areas of your physical appearance like your clothing and hair. Oh! And add accessories. They always seem to help.
- A little R&R goes a long way - get into that bubble bath, light that candle, Netflix and chillll.
- Surround yourself with people that will appreciate you even on your no-makeup days!
- Consider including the following in your daily skincare routine - a non-stripping face wash, a good moisturiser, SPF, lip balm.
Aaaand if you’re in the mood to go one step further
- Drinking lots of water will help to give your skin the boost it needs from the inside.
- Focus on eating healthy and working out every so often.
- Skip that extra shot of caffeine/alcohol.
- Weekly skincare should include - a face mask or an exfoliating scrub. Each person’s skin has a different tolerance level to exfoliants so take your time to figure that out.
- Using a chilled jade roller or ice roller on your face helps to waken you and your skin up.
That’s pretty much it.
Stay inside. Stay #freequal.